Complete Medical Eye Examination
At Blue Ridge Eye Care, you will receive an eye exam probably unlike any you have had before. We do much more than just check your vision and give you a glasses prescription. Our exams are comprehensive and use state-of-the-art equipment. We find that our extensive use of technology and highly trained staff allows the doctors to spend more one-on-one time with our patients.
Your Eye Health and Vision Exam will include these services:
- Visual field screening - detects presence of glaucoma, macular degeneration, stroke, tumors, and other neurological problems.
- efraction (eyeglass prescription) - checked twice for accuracy
- Glaucoma Testing - 3 specific tests are used on every patient.
- Retinal photos - taken with a high resolution digital camera. This allows the doctor to find and follow underlying retinal disease such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, retinal detachments, diabetes, nevi (freckles in the retina) and many others.
- Anterior Segment Photos - high resolution digital photos of the front of the eye or surrounding structures to help follow certain conditions and eye disease.
- Complete Biomicroscopic Exam of the outer and inner eye to check for diseases such as dry eyes, contact lens complications, and cataracts.
- Dilation to check for vitreo-retinal disease such as glaucoma, vitreous and/or retinal detachments, cancer, and complications from systemic disease such as diabetes, hypertension, and Plaquenil therapy.
- Contact Lens Fitting - We can do contact lens fittings in most cases the same day as your exam.